RESOURCES AVAILABLE DURING COVID-19 CLOSURES
General information on available services
MC Emergency Services–security deposits, eviction prevention, or utility disconnection — 240-777-4448
UMAN 301-926-4422– rent and utility assistance for Germantown and Gaithersburg households Housing Initiatives Partnership (HIP) for mortgage counseling—301-916-5946 Montgomery County Information Line — 311
The Gilchrist Center — 240-777-4940 https://montgomerycountymd.gov/gilchrist/
City of Gaithersburg Community Services — 301-258-6395 or visit: https://www.gaithersburgmd.gov/services/community-services/community-support-during-coronavirus
2020 Census – call 844-330-2020 for help filling out the form via the internet or over the phone.
There is a temporary hold on evictions and foreclosures in the state of Maryland that is expected to last throughout the duration of the State of Emergency. Residents unable to pay their rent/mortgage due to COVID-19 are encouraged to work with their landlords/lenders to begin to identify repayment options and possible payment arrangements. Renters can call “311” or (240-777-0311) to reach the DHCA Landlord-Tenant office with questions about pending evictions. Homeowners can call HIP at 301-916-5946 for mortgage assistance. During the eviction moratorium, landlords/lenders are permitted to issue delinquent notices pursuant to their lease/loan agreements and to pursue collection actions. However, no court action will be taken as long as the eviction and foreclosure moratorium remains in effect. Currently, courts are closed until May 1. If a landlord attempts to physically evict a tenant during this moratorium, the tenant can call the police non-emergency number at 301-279-8000.
Residents are encouraged to contact the utility company to arrange a payment schedule if they are unable to keep up with their payments due to COVID-19. In the State of Maryland, there is currently a hold on all utility disconnections, due to non-payment. Once the State of Emergency is lifted, utility suppliers will be able to resume disconnections. All customers are encouraged to make payments as they are able, as a good payment history will be helpful when seeking payment arrangements. A Deferred Payment Arrangement may be an option to help pay off a large past due balance. With the Deferred Payment Arrangement Plan, a down payment is required to set up the plan. The remaining balance will be spread between 2-12 months, depending on eligibility.
PEPCO: Customer Service: 202-833-7500
WSSC: Customer Service: 301-206-4001
Washington Gas: Customer Service: 703-750-1000
- SNAP (Foodstamps)—to apply online https:// mydhrbenefits.dhr.state.md.us/
- Manna — 301-424-1130 “stay put packs” are about 30 lbs. of non-perishable’s, and delivered to residents in need.
- FRIDAYS ONLY, from 11 am-1 pm, weekend backpack meals at Gaithersburg ES and Quince Orchard HS MCPS Grab-n-Go meal’s 11 am-1 pm M-F at these sites:
- Elementary Schools–Brown Station, Judith Resnick, Wash. Grove
- Middle Schools–Gaithersburg, Mont. Village, Shady Grove
- High School–Gaithersburg
For more information visit: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/meals/#emergencymeals
- Lord’s Table Brown Bags 12:30-1:30 pm, Epworth UMC, 9008 Rosemont Dr., Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg HELP—301-216-2510
- Germantown HELP—301-482-1320
- Edible Arrangements fresh fruits and vegetables, Price starts at $25 https://www.ediblearrangements.com/fresh-produce-fruit-delivery