Frequently Asked Questions
Can I donate to UMAN online?
Yes. Click the DONATE icon below to quickly and easily make your donation online.
How can my congregation, bussiness, or group help UMAN?
- Make a tax deductible contribution.
- Co-sponsor a fund-raising event.
- Provide forums for speakers to present our goals and objectives.
- Make an "In kind contribution".
- Designate their United Way contribution to UMAN, Code# 8881.
- Designate their Combined Federal Campaign contribution to UMAN, Code# 15276.
- Participate in the Fannie Mae "Help the Homeless Walk" in November as a UMAN sponsor
How can I help UMAN?
- Provide a monetary contribution.
- Join the Board of Directors.
- Become a volunteer as a...
- Telephone intake worker
- Data entry clerk
- Clerical worker
What Housing topics does UMAN have assistance guidelines for?
- Relocation expenses
What Utilities does UMAN have assistance guidelines for?
- but not telephone bills
How do I qualify for help from UMAN?
UMAN needs verifications from sources such as the Emergency Services Division of DHHS,
landlords, utility companies, and employers. You must provide UMAN with a utility
disconnetion notice, court notice, or foreclosure letter.
How often can UMAN help me?
Once per year. If we can not help, we can provide referrals to other agencies or resources.